Working Alongside People with Intellectual and Learning Disabilities

What to do if someone has committed a crime against you

Safety first

 If you have experienced a recent crime being safe is the first thing to think about.

Move out of danger and away from danger.

Go to a place where you feel safe.

Call someone you trust and who will make sure that you are cared for and are in a safe place.

 If you are hurt see a doctor. Visit an accident or emergency department in a hospital.

If it is a sexual assault go to a sexual assault service.

If you keep thinking about what happened to you and cannot forget it or you start to feel anxious and frightened all the time, it may help to see a qualified counselor.

You can call WWILD Sexual Violence Prevention Inc Assist 3262 9877.
Lifeline 13 11 14 or Relationships Australia 1300 364 277 to get some help with how you are feeling.


WWILD Phone: (07) 3262 9877 Email: