Community Living Assn. & WWILD-SVP Assn. are offering a training workshop for professionals, support workers and social work/psychology and human services students who are interested in improving their knowledge and skills in supporting people with intellectual and learning disabilities experiencing mental health issues and disorders.
The aim of the workshop is to improve people’s understanding of the lived experience of intellectual disabilities and mental health disorders/ issues, and appropriate support of these people experiencing dual disability. It utilises the bio-psycho-social and community-based mental health model to support people experiencing dual disability.
Topics covered include:
- Developing knowledge of the lived experience of Intellectual Impairment/Disability
- Good communication when supporting people with intellectual disabilities
- The experience of mental illness for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Appropriate community mental health response and support of people with dual disability in terms of prevention, early intervention, crisis response and recovery approaches.
- Discussion on group work approaches
Everyone who is interested is welcome, however for social workers, this is an endorsed CPD event for Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) members.
The workshops will be held on the following dates:
NEW WORKSHOP DATES FOR 2018 WILL BE RELEASED SOON.
For further information about the workshops or registration please contact Sam or Victoria at Community Living Association on 07-32665633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact Victoria at WWILD on 07-32629877.
Payment is required for registration to be confirmed. Please note cancellations are required to be made 1 week prior to the event, or a refund will be not be provided.