Easy English Information Sheets About Domestic and Family Violence Orders Are Now Available
These Easy-English information sheets freely available for download on our website:
- What is a Domestic Violence Order
- Going to Court for a Domestic Violence Order – Aggrieved
- Going to Court for a Domestic Violence Order – Respondent
Also Available: we strongly encourage that workers and support people look at the following resources:
- For Workers – How to use Easy English Resources – WWILD
- For Workers – Identifying Intellectual Disability – WWILD
- Identifying Intellectual Disability Training Video
Click Here to access the resources.
About this project:
Everyone has a right to be provided with clear, concise, and accurate information when accessing services, including people with intellectual disabilities.
We have created Easy English client documents for all services in violence prevention and support sectors.
Easy English resources like these, assist people with low literacy and intellectual disability to make informed decisions and provide informed consent in relation to accessing support services.
These Easy English documents were developed by WWILD Sexual Violence Prevention Association Inc. with Queensland Community Foundation and Building Capacity Funding, Department of Justice and Attorney General Qld.
They were co- created with a group of people with intellectual disability, and with input from violence support services and cultural consultants.