Queensland Sexual Assault Helpline
1800 010 120
Brisbane Hospital-based Sexual Assault Service
Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
Crisis service: (07) 3646 5207 – 24 hour service
Services the Brisbane, Redlands, Logan, Caboolture, Redcliffe areas
Logan Hospital – Has a SART team however it doesn’t operate after normal work hours. Contact Logan Hospital directly.
For further information about your local hospital based services contact 13 Health or 13432524. Or you can access further information at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/sexualassault/html/contact
Police Reporting Options
- Contact your Local police station by ringing Police link 131444 or look on the QPS website. Contact the station first, identify that the person you are assisting has a disability as they should do a video recorded interview and some information about what you would like to report to them. They will tell you what are the next steps. Its important that the person has someone to go with them for the interview who isn’t connected to the incident in anyway or was not the first or second point of disclosure. You can contact WWILD for that support if its needed.
- Alternate Reporting Options are available if the person wants to report the incident, but is worried or nervous, or would like to remain anonymous. They can remain anonymous if they are older than 18 years old. For further information, please go to this link. https://www.police.qld.gov.au/units/victims-of-crime/support-for-victims-of-crime/reporting-a-sexual-assault
Specialist Funded Services
Zig Zag provides a place of healing, support, and social action and change for young women aged 12-25 years. Sexual assault counselling, Housing support and community education. Locations for counselling services include Camp Hill, Inala and Nundah.
2 Burrigan Street, Woodridge QLD
Ph: (07) 32904254
Empowering Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Adults, Youths and Families. It is a community based sexual assault support service established (1997) and controlled by Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women of Logan City. Murrigunyah is the only specific Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander sexual assault service in Queensland. We work from a holistic and cultural perspective supporting the social, emotional & spiritual interests of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients and families.
Ph: (07) 3846 3490
IWSS offers free confidential, practical and emotional support to immigrant and refugee women from non-English speaking backgrounds and their children who have experienced domestic and/or sexual violence.
Bravehearts provides counselling services in Strathpine (North Brisbane), Springwood (South Brisbane) and Arundel (Gold Coast) to:
- Children and young people who have experienced or are at risk of experiencing child sexual assault and exploitation;
- Their non-offending adult family members including parents, partners, siblings and others;
- Children under 12 engaging in problem sexual behaviour [NOTE: Young people aged 13-17 with harmful sexual behaviour are referred to Bravehearts’ Turning Corners program].
Head Office Location: Arundel, QLD 4214
Postal Address: PO Box 575, Arundel BC, QLD 4214
Phone: 07 5552 3000 or 1800 272 831 – Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Fax: 07 5552 3088
Generalist Sexual Assault Services
Brisbane Rape & Incest Survivors Support Centre
Phone: (07) 3391 0004
The Brisbane Rape and Incest Survivors Support centre is a feminist, free and confidential service for women survivors of sexual violence. This is a women’s only space.
Bayside Sexual Assault Service
Phone: (07) 3488 3111
After hours phone: (07) 3488 3111
Living Well – Men’s Sexual Assault Service
408 Gympie Road Strathpine QLD 4500
Ph: (07) 3028 4648
Living Well is dedicated to the provision of a supportive, accessible, respectful, service to men who have experienced child sexual abuse or sexual assault, to partners, friends, family and service providers.
Centre Against Sexual Violence (Logan, Redlands)
Phone: (07) 3808 3299
Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence
Phone: (07) 5591 1164
Ipswich – (07) 3816 3000
Toowoomba – (07) 4642 1354
Laurel Place can provide you with information and resources across a range of topics relating to sexual violence including legal, medical, and court procedures. Where resources allow, they provide training and community education to increase awareness and understanding about sexual violence.
Maroochydore – Ph: (07) 5443 4711
Gympie & Murgon – Ph: (07) 5482 7911
Moreten Bay – Ph: (07) 5499 2096
Phone: (07) 4982 4358
After hours phone: 0417 193 236
Ph: (07) 4162 5439
Gladstone Women’s Health Centre – Sexual Assault Service
Phone: (07) 4979 1456 Opening hours: Monday-Friday
Longreach Women’s Sexual Assault Support Service – Community health service
Phone: (07) 07 4652 7983
Rockhampton Sexual Assault Support & Prevention Service – Women’s Health Centre
Phone: (07) 4922 6585 or After hours phone: 1800 017 382
Phone: (07) 4153 4299
Cairns Sexual Assault Support Service (TRUE)
Phone: (07) 4031 3590
Druamalon Sexual Assault Service (Napranum)
Phone: (07) 4069 8160
Mackay Sexual Assault Service
Phone: (07) 4968 3919
Mt Isa Sexual Assault Service
Phone: (07) 4744 4826
After hours phone: Mt Isa Hospital: (07) 4744 4444
Sexual Health Program (Weipa)
Phone: (07) 4069 9036
Sexual Health & Sexual Assault Services (Mackay)
Phone: (07) 4968 3919
Tableland Sexual Assault Service
Phone: (07) 4091 4155 – After hours phone: (07) 4091 4155
Townsville Sexual Assault Support Service – The Womens Centre
Phone: (07) 4775 7555
Whitsunday Counselling and Support Service Inc.
Cannonvale Office Ph: (07) 4946 2999 – Opening hours – Monday – Friday
Bowen Neighbourhood Centre ph: Ph:4786 2111 Opening hours – Monday – Thursday
Roma Health Service District Sexual Assault Support Project
Phone: (07) 4622 2277
Toowoomba Sexual Assault Support Service
Phone: (07) 4616 6950
After hours phone: (07) 4616 600
QLD Sexual Assault Network (QSAN)
Further information at: www.qsan.org.au.